We’ve seen a rise in eth prices recently.
At this moment our smart contract contains 15.5 eth which is equal to 24,500 USD.
I have a FUD that the prices may start to go down again and quite quickly.
As it is impossible to predict the future I propose to withdraw eth from the smart contract and diversify the funds.
There are always risks involved with any type of crypto asset:
- eth can sharply decrease in price
- USDC can lose its peg and/or crash
I can see three options for this proposal:
- keep everything as is
- withdraw funds from the smart contract and keep 50% of them in eth and 50% in USDC
- withdraw funds from the smart contract and keep everything in USDC
Please keep in mind the following forthcoming DAO expenses:
- we will soon start acquiring the first subnet (about 15k$)
- we will probably need to put aside 5k$ for the next year’s DAO LLC renewal.
I will now submit the proposal to our snapshot, and we can keep this thread for discussions.